From:
R & R Packett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 13:23:34 +0000

Hi everyone,
  Six days ago my doctor said that based on symptoms
and family history, I probably have celiac disease.   He
and the gastroenterologist told me to go ahead and stay
on the celiac diet.  We're scheduling the endoscopy.

   In the meantime, I'm still very sick.  I can only eat
bananas, GF cream of rice cereal, and baked potatoes.
Is it normal for newly diagnosed celiacs to remain sick
this long after beginning the diet?   Is there any particular
food that helps the intestines heal?

  Thank for any help!

   -Ruth