From:
Ian Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 14:49:57 -0600

Dear Susan and listmembers,

I too have dairy and egg allergies.  I use the GF Pantry mixes with dairy
and egg substitutes with much success.  I use GF rice milk (Pacific Rice
Non-Dairy Beverage Lowfat Plain) and depending on what the egg is used for
in the recipe (i.e. binding, moisture, or rising) I use a variety of things
such as applesauce, flax seed, lecithin, or EnerG Egg Substitute.  There is
a great book on the market by Carol Fenster called Special Diet Solutions
that gives specific guidelines for how to substitute for many allergic
foods.  You can call 1 (800) 741-5418 to order it, or it is available from
the Gluten Free Pantry.  I do agree that the GF Pantry should note that
milk and egg or substitutes are required for these mixes, so that people
know that when they order.  They will even tell you which substitutes to
use for each mix if you call them.  They have worked out all of the bugs
for you.  This is not an endorsement of the Gluten Free Pantry, or Carol
Fenster's book.  I'm not connected with either one.  I hope this helps.

Bev Wahl - Chicago, Illinois USA