Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:57:59 EST

Greetings of the Season!

I'd would greatly appreciate receiving  opinions on what some of you would do
in the situation I'll describe below, but  first a little background.

I heard about the Storytellers Cafe  (SC) at the Grand Californian Hotel
(Disney) when it opened about 7 years  ago.  At the time I was working in the
marketing department of a large food  manufacturer on the East Coast.  We received
a Public Relations package on  the cafe.  The menu cover and all the info
looked so appealing that I  thought I'd love to go there sometime.  We moved to
the West Coast a few  years ago and have visited LA several times but never
made the trip down to  Orange County.  Last year when we were in LA, I wanted to
go to the cafe  but we did not have the time.

So last month, when we were in LA again, I  thought we must go this time even
though it was an hour or more away from the  area in which we were staying.

The day before, I decided to call a  relative whom we see from time to time
and ask her if she would like to meet us  the next day for lunch at
Storytellers. I mentioned to her that the cafe had a  gf menu or gf food available.

When we arrived, Julie was waiting for us  outside.  We were about 25 min.
late and I apologized for keeping her  waiting.  Julie then informed us that she
could not eat at the Storytellers  because of the smoke inside from the
fireplace.  (She had gone into the  cafe while waiting.)  Julie has many chemical
sensitivities which are  debilitating.

My question, what would you do at this point?   You (that is me) had been
looking forward to eating at the Storytellers for a  long time, but your friend
or relative announces she cannot eat there.  (As  we talked, she acknowledged
that Stortellers had a gf menu available for me -- I  had mentioned that to her
the day before by phone.  Meanwhile, I realized  that other (Disney)
restaurants in the area may also have gf menus, but did  mention that fact as I had
been looking forward to eating at the SC.)

What would you do?  I'd very much appreciate your feedback!!  In  my summary,
I will explain what transpired.

Thanks!!

Rose