From:
Kirsten Klinghammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 19:59:09 -0500

: It is possible to make Rice Syrup without barley, but in the US the desired
: taste is not available to the food industry.

    I find that rice syrup always tastes bitter to me.  Does anyone
know whether the new Lundberg Farms rice syrup (the kind without the
barley enzymes) tastes the same as the old kind?  If it shouldn't taste
bitter, what is likely to have made mine that way (heat during shipping,
maybe)?  I've tried it several times, but I don't know if the problem
is my tastebuds/preferences or the particular batches of rice syrup.

    Sorry for asking such a simple question, but no one else I know
uses rice syrup.

                     Thanks,

                     Kirsten Klinghammer