From:
"D. Resch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 09:16:31 -0400

A couple of people have asked me about the Apple Bread Recipe - here is my
reply:

The Apple Bread is a mix that comes from Dietary Specialties
(1-800-544-0099).  All you do is add an egg and water but I also added a
tablespoon of vanilla yogurt and I think this made it more moist.  I used
to do a lot of baking by scratch but I am too busy now and I don't enjoy it
as much; besides, I found Dietary Specialties mixes seem to come out better
then most of my by-scratch recipes.  I also really like their Bran Muffin Mix.

Here is another recipe you might enjoy - it is one of my favorites and
since fresh fruit season is coming, I think this will come in handy.  It is
very easy to make and no one will know it is GF - I know this because my
family hates most of my GF breads and cakes and they never say a word when
they eat this one.  I have posted this recipe before but I think the new
people will enjoy it and it is nice that it doesn't require so many
ingredients that you feel like a chemist rather then a cook.

Deb
--------------------

BlueBerry Peach Crisp
1 cup flour (I use white rice or GF mix - whatever is available - you may
even use Pancake mix)

1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar
1 teas. baking powder
1/2 teas. salt
1 egg
2 cups fresh blueberries
3 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
2 Tablespoons cugar
1/2 teas. cinnamon
1/4 cup melted butter.

That is the basic recipe.  I substitue and change the fruit successfully.
I have used apples, frozen peaches, etc.

Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar (use less if your fruit is sweet or you don't
like things too sweet), baking powder and salt in a bowl.  Stir in unbeaten
egg.  Mix with fork until crumbly.

Place fruit in a 2-quart buttered baking dish.  Sprinkle  with 2
tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.  If you use other fruit, such as apples -
you may want to change the spices - add nutmeg or whatever you perfer.

Sprinkle with crumbled topping.  Drizzle melted butter over topping.  Bake
at 375 for about 35 to 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned - add
more time if you like it dryer and more crumbly.

Enjoy.