From:
Lisa Wicklund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:03:05 EST

Hi All:

Vance brought up an interesting concept about the half volley ball belly
and fluid edema in the organs. I have half of a half of a volley ball
belly (this is true and you can laugh if you would like).  I have been
concentrating on fresh meat such a chicken, a little red meat, fish and
fresh pork without the basting solution. I eat five fruits per day, lots
of veggies and a small amount of starch as in a slice of Ener-G tapioca
bread, toasted for breakfast. I know that we are suppose to drink from 6-
10 8 oz glasses of water per day. I really have to force myself to drink
fluids.  My brain rarely signals me that I am thirsty. I don't drink 8
glasses of water a day. I probably do about 5. I keep an eye on my skin
and urine for signs of dehydration. At times, urine will be darker.
About 8 oz of water stabilizes it immediately. I know that excessive
drinking is an indication of diabetes. I do not understand why I don't
have the normal thirst reaction.  I am wondering if I am retaining fluid
in various places of my organs including my belly.

Anyone else with this issue?  Thanks.

Lisa