From:
Dick LeTourneau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dick LeTourneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 2004 18:23:46 -0400

Thanks to all who answered my question about imported Oats (McCann's
Irish Oatmeal specifically). The results were mixed. 10 said ok, 6 said
no. I haven't tried them yet so I can't tell you who's right (in my
situation). Here are some of the replys:

I have been eating McCains oats for a year now and no problems.  I eat them just about every day too.

I wouldn't touch any oatmeal it is a gluten but now sold as gf what a ploy to sell and make money and ruin the intestines of people who are dying for oatmeal.

I use Mc Canns all the time with no problem.

Oh Dear Oats where never GF.

I get this item at my local organic food store.  I eat it occasionally -
not everyday or anything.  I usually make oatmeal cookies with it -
YUM!  I haven't had any adverse reactions to it..

I react to oats and saw no improvement with the McCain's Irish Oats.  I
got the same negative reaction as i did to Quaker.

I have used McCann's with no problems.

the McCanns oatmeal is GF and very good.

My husband and daughter eat McCann's Oatmeal often. They neither have had a problem with it.

I bought the Irish oats (McCann's) and had a bad reaction to them, not once, but twice.  I retried them 2 years after the first attempt thinking maybe I would be less sensitive, but no luck.

I use McCann's all the time with no ill effects and I'm VERY sensitive.

I don't have a real bad reaction, but I do have some.

I have been using McCann's steel cut irish oatmeal for the past two years, with no problem at all.

The last time I visited (there website), they had a disclaimer and said they couldn't guarantee pure oats.  I probably might be purer than that in the U.S., but all oats can be contaminated with wheat.