From:
Sherri Castle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 00:17:06 EDT

Help!  I have been having horribly itchy dandruff that burns and keeps  me up
at night.  Is this related to CD somehow?

I have had minor dandruff on & off for the past 15 years, but never as  itchy
or burning as it is now.  It has gotten really bad over the  last 4 weeks.

For some background, I am an asymptomatic celiac.  I was  diagnosed with CD 3
months ago.  I've been GF (and also CF and egg free and  yeast free -- due to
other family members with issues with these foods) ever  since.  I am
incredibly careful about every little thing that goes in or on  my body.  Even
shampoos, sunscreens, etc are all GF.  My entire family  is on this diet so there is
absolutely no wheat allowed in our house.  I  even gave away our old toaster
so I could start fresh with a new toaster that  had never ever seen gluten.
My shampoo is one I get at Whole Foods so it's  not full of all those chemicals
and it is, of course, GF.

Any suggestions for this dandruff???

Thanks,
Sherri