From:
Amy Ratner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Ratner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2010 14:21:49 -0500

Here's a sample of what you will find in the next issue of Gluten-Free
Living, due shortly in subscribers' mailboxes and stores nationwide:

From "Lipstick Jumble"

By Ann Whelan, GFL editor/publisher

Should you worry about lipstick? You've probably heard this question many
times. Odds are good, especially if you are female, that you've probably
asked it yourself...

From "Can This Sponge Make Me Sick"

By Carol Fenster, cookbook author and publisher

I've always thought of myself as being very careful in the kitchen. In fact,
my family calls me the "food sheriff" because I'm constantly reminding them
to wash their hands, keep food covered, disinfect the countertops, use a
different cutting board for each food, serve food at the right
temperature... you get the picture.

From "A Clean Sweep of Your GF Kitchen"

By Robert Powitz, food safety expert

Q. My kitchen is not totally gluten free. What is the biggest possible
source of trouble?

A. Probably the worst offender is our hands...Wash your hands!  Wash your
hands! Wash your hands! Second on the list of offenders is anything that is
porous including dish rags, pot holders, sponges, wooden utensils, brushes,
and kitchen gadgets -- anything that is not smooth and cleanable.

From "10 Ways to Raise Money for Celiac Research"

By Sandra Robins, gluten-free writer and blogger

From small projects to large group efforts, a variety of work is being done
throughout the country to raise money for celiac disease research. Here's a
list of ten ways to raise money to increase awareness or fund research into
treatment and perhaps, one day, a cure for celiac disease.

From "Gluten may not be to blame"

By Nancy Patin Falini, MS, RD, dietitian specializing in celiac disease

I treat many patients with celiac disease, and it's not uncommon for them to
come to me with complaints of gastrointestinal symptoms, particularly
diarrhea. They are bewildered because they have been diligently following
the gluten-free diet. When celiacs continue to have symptoms, they often
assume they have ingested gluten.

And there's a lot more. We're introducing several new features in this
issue, including our close-up look at labels and an interview column that
kicks off with Pamela Giusto-Sorrells of Pamela's Products. Jackie Mallorca,
cookbook author and GFL contributing food editor, shares cost-conscious
recipes and her list of 5 kitchen tools you shouldn't be without. We also
bring back the popular Ask the Doctor column, which focuses on your medical
questions. Plus you'll find our regular features including On Your Plate,
with answers to ingredient questions, and Reality CD, with its focus on
gluten-free living in the real world.