From:
Marne Platt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 19:36:11 EDT

Hi there fellow celiacs and road warriors - just ha to vent here. I am sitting
on a continental flight and feeling furious as well as hungry. When I called
for a special meal, I was told that C had reviewed their special meals and a
"new" GF meal was beng offered (see my previous posts on their old meals!).
Silly me, I believed them and took the plunge to go GF, instead of my usual
fruit platter.

I got: OJ, raisins, milk....and RICE KRISPIES!!!!! And, I have just been told
that there is no way to contact their caterers directly. I've been on the
phone with Continental's Customer "servce" line about this so often that I
ahve given up - they never even apologized, let alone got me in touch with the
caterer.

It probably sounds as though I would only wring the caterer's collective
necks, but what I would really like to do is give them the address of CSA, so
that they could develop real GF meals.

Does anyone know if CSA has proactively contacted the airlines with a food
guide or an offer to help them design safe meals? Heck, I woud do it myself,
if I could reach the caterer!

Looks like another day of breaking into my emergency supply before the trip
has even started! GRRRR!!!!!!!

HEy folks-thanks for listening!
MArne in the air over Washington DC