From:
Kathy Hubbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 01:20:36 EST

Hello All-

Just wanted to tell you that I went for my first GF restaurant visit today.
We had a post-christening brunch for my newest cousin at the Depot Square
Farm Shoppe in Watertown CT;  I was petrified!  It's a small place in a small
town, and I hadn't been out to eat since diagnosis.

I explained my situation to the attentive and understanding young
waitress and gave her The Restaurant Card.  A few minutes later she came
back and said my meal would be made last because the cooks (chefs??)
were going to clean the grill before they made my eggs, bacon,  and home
fries.  Not only did they do exactly that, they gave me extra bacon and
fries because I couldn't have the toast.  ;-) When the waitress gave the
card back to me she asked if I could drop off a copy so they'd have it
handy the next time someone asked.  All in all, a very good experience.

Thanks to the list members for all the eating-out tips, and keep the Depot
Square Farm Shoppe in mind for your autumn leaf-peeping trips!

Kathy Hubbell
Middletown, CT