From:
Cal Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cal Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:09:34 -0500

My thanks to all that replied to my question as to whether or not the eye drops used to dialate the eyes for examination are GF.

Three said the drops were GF.

One said her daughter had a reaction but not a typical gluten reaction; a burning sensation.

One said, " the drops are GF but the flouroscene test is not GF.

One said, "Liquids that are injected or put in eyes don't contain gluten since they have no need for binder/fillers."

The original correspondent said, "Bausch and Lomb - who make the drops - state they do not intentionally add gluten to their products.

Thanks again.  It seems that people may have different reactions to the drops but apparently not a gluten reaction.

Elinor