From:
KATHY BENNETT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KATHY BENNETT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:03:41 -0500

I submitted a question to see if anyone ever had flare-ups of CD causing pain after eating anything, bathroom runs and the ensuing weight loss.

I have had an overwhelming response which confirms that even when you keep a strict gluten free diet, flare-ups happen.
I posted on behalf of my daughter who is seeing her GI next week. I will notify the list when we get to the bottom of it. The following is a brief summary of possible causes:

1. Gluten in food or meds, especially those whose ingredients may have changed.
2. Other inflammatory bowel disease such as collagenous colitis, ulcerative colitis, Chron's and ulcers
3. gallbladder
4. new food intolerances: casein, soy, dairy etc.
5. Infections: bacterial, viral, parasites
6. Other autoimmune diseases

Possible solutions:

Specific carbohydrate diet
probiotics
antibiotics
eliminating some foods

Most suggested seeing the doctor and as I said, that is next week.

Thanks to all,

KathyB