From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2013 09:09:56 -0500

I use sugar free trident gum, and normally have no reaction to the gum...or xylitol, the sweetener, but a couple of times this month, I was definitely glutened. I hadn't used gum in months. Then bought some. Got a little attack. Stopped gum. Used it again, got a definite reaction.  The only common denominator was the gum.

I googled and various sources say its gluten free.  Why I reacted this time, is a mystery. Maybe I got a trace somewhere else, and then the xylitol couldn't be tolerated.

But I thought I should mention that I was able to relieve the abdominal stress and gas by doing my yoga routine, especially the twists that are good for digestion. Obviously, yoga isn't a cure, but it moved things around and relaxed my spasms. Really feeling better.

Oh well. It's inevitable if you have celiac, you will never be 100% free of attacks, as rare as mine are. But I'm glad the yoga helped and thought I'd share that revelation. It might not work for everyone. I do yoga with Yoga Sutra Now and Rock Your Yoga, about five times a week. They are both shows on Veria Living, a very glutenfree-friendly tv channel and website.  They have lots of good recipes for gf, including an entirely gf dessert show, and the host of Rock Your Yoga is gf.

Lin

Sent from my iPad
*******
*******