From:
JOHN P. KASSIS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 15:55:16 -0800

Hi all,

Our family will be going on vacation in Maui at the end of February.  I
have read at times on this list that some of you have had success
contacting hotels or resorts ahead of time to request gluten free meals at
their restaurants.

If you have had success with this could you please E-mail me and let me
know who I might contact (i.e. head chef, manager etc.) and what might be
the best way.  I'm just not sure if I should call or write etc.
It is very difficult to eat out on vacation and I would like to plan ahead
as best as I can.  My 6 year old daughter is our celiac and that makes it
even more difficult as all of the kids meals are macaroni and cheese,
spaghetti etc. as you all well know.

I would really appreciate ANY tips or suggestions you might have.

Thanks in advance,

Beth
El Dorado Hills, CA