From:
Joanna Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joanna Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:13:50 -0800

Hi all.

I called Smucker's and all their PBs and jellys, jams, preserves, etc are
GF.  I always ask about manufacturing processes, too.  The only products of
thiers that are NOT gf are things clearly marked with bread products.

If you read the ingredients on all Smucker's products, and there are no
obvious gluten grains, you can know that they're manufacturedon GF lines, as
well as packaged in a GF environment.  This includes all products with
Smuckers listed on the back, such as Jif.  Things that DO contain gluten,
like Uncrustables, are made in seperate facilitiies.

This is not true of all Peanut Butters by different manufacturers.  Kettle
butters are not considered GF because they have gluten containing products
made on the same lines.

As a side note, I would like to request that list members stop being so rude
when they respond to me (and others).  Seriously, the hostility is
absolutely unnecessary.  Even if you don't think the manufacturing process
is important to YOUR gluten sensitivity, it is important to mine.  I am not
forcing this issue on any of you but I am pregnant, and there have been
times when I have had dramatic gluten reactions to things I didn't know were
made on gluten-contaminated lines.   So now I'm careful and am not having
reactions any more.

Please respect my personal need for a gf manufacturing environment and try
to be polite when responding to people's requests.  The non-gf world is
often rude and unsympathetic, we should make our gf world as kind and
respectful as possible.

Thanks
Joanna Schroeder