From:
Steven O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 12:04:07 -0500

and kidney stones I recieved 9 responses. Thanks for the info.

1 responded
The condition of some kidney stones is asserted to be the result of
abnormal calcium deposition in the kidneys, in _Renal Physiology_
by Arthur Vander, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1975. On pages 127-128, it says:
"The increased plasma calcium is deposited in various body tissues
including the kidneys, where stones are formed." Abnormal
calcium metabolism is very common in celiac disease.
Production of kidney stones should be cause to consider being
tested for celiac disease.

1 responded
I don't know about the kidney stones, but I have cd and was
diagnosed through a problem with aborbing calcium.  I also did not have any
classic symptoms of cd.  Just the calcium defiency which lead to high
parathyroid hormones and then the diagnoses.

1 suggested HORSE TAIL TEA to dissolve the stones([log in to unmask]).

1 responded
I just read something from Dr. Murray & he said "Yes:IgA nephropathy, which
is a common condition causing blood in the urine (possibly in microscopic
amounts would not be detected visually), may be caused by CD.  This may be
similar to what happens in DH, where antibodies produced in the intestine get
deposited under the skin.  In IgA nephropathy, you've got IgA that was
produced somewhere (we don't know where) getting deposited in the kidneys,
causing secondary damage to the kidneys."

5 others responded they or a relative have had kidney stones and have cd.

Additionally, I posed the question to Dr.John Udall, Dr. Peter Green, Dr.
Alessio Fasano and Dr. Sheila Crowe at the American Celiac Society Conference
in New Orleans and they were unaware of any correlation.

Steve O'Connor Waco,Tx