From:
Aaron Atkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 03:43:52 -0700

Blessings to the listmates!

There seems to be a burning questions for celiacs to which no one appears to
have an authoritative answer.  To wit: Do distilled vinegars and raw oats
actually contain gluten?  Perhaps my ignorance prevents me from seeing the
hurdles to this issue but it seems to me that some chemists with an interest
in CD (Dr. Tyler, perhaps) could do some chemical analysis of various brands
of distilled vinegars and oats from several sources thus bringing
illumination to all of us.

Are there any chemists on this list who would liek to take the challenge?

Aaron Atkinson
Moscow, ID