From:
Barbara Parkman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 11:12:43 -0500

1) People like cornbread.  From Ellen:  "I love the simplicity and the
delicious outcome."

2) Clabber Girl baking powder recommended:  from Cathy:  "I use Clabber
Girl baking powder without any problems... the ingredients are:  corn
starch, Bicarb of sada, sodium aluminum sulfate, and acid phosphate of
calcium."

3) Is Calumet OK?  From Julie:  "I use Calumet too. Is there a problem with
it?"

From Barbara:  I am new at following a gluten free diet and still make
mistakes, so I could be wrong about the Calumet, or it could be an
individual reaction.  I called their number (800-431-1001, Kraft Foods),
and got Michelle who told me that Calumet is on their gluten free list.  I
asked her if they ever used modified food starch instead of corn starch,
and she said that they "occasionally use modified food starch from corn or
tapioca, but would note on the label if they used modified food starch from
wheat."  Thanks List :-)

Barbara