From:
Attila Németh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 16:06:28 +0300

Hi everybody,

My name is Attila Nemeth (Mr) - this is the first time I write to this
list.

Let me introduce ourselves in a few words: I have a 4 years old
daughter. We live in Budapest, Hungary. She has been diagnosed to have
CD at the age of 2. She had the most common symptoms of CD (pale, loose,
fatty stools, weight loss, irritability, fatigue etc.) and - fortunately
- we have got CD diagnosis "right after the first round" (Firstly she
has been diagnosed to have a bacterial bowel infection. Our family
doctor made us check whether my daughter might have some
gastroenterologic problem - she was right).

It was a great pleasure finding celiac.com web site and this list of
course. I have learnt a lot.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask for your help.

Concerning foods I used to interview Quality Management of companies
one-by-one in order to check if they could manifest, that a certain sort
of food WERE GLUTEN FREE. The results are varying: some do not know CD
at all, others are pleased to help us with their declaration - they are
used to issue it sometimes.

As this is a rather ineffective job to collect these info I would
appreciate if you helped us concerning four kinds of GF products:
- kid's toothpastes (those which have affiliates also in Europe)
- multivitamin complexes for kids (what a 4 year old kid wolud happily
consume - not as large pills, bitter sirups)
- I have tried to buy Xanthan gum  - without any success. If anyone
knows where to purchase it (I have possibility to buy it by myself in
Germany). An address, where to order it from could also help.
- medicines - does anyone know a list of medicines what a celiac may
consume or a list, which medicines we have to beware ?

Thanks for all,
                        Attila

My e-mail address is: [log in to unmask]