Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 15:30:21 -0500

What did we do when we couldn't find gluten-free cookie dough ice
cream?  We made it ourselves!  Yep, we have started making gluten-
free organic home-made all-natural low-carb ice cream and some dairy-
free too.  There are no long lists of ingredients in our ice cream.
Just cream, eggs, WheyLow, and vanilla.  We add some other simple
flavors to make chocolate, peppermint bon-bon and gf cookie dough. We
will be creating new flavors throughout the summer.

We are also close to our final version of a dairy-free "ice cream"
made with coconut milk.

Our Ice cream is only 5g to 8g net carbs per serving.

We have gluten-free cake cones now.  We are only days away from
perfecting our own gluten-free, low-glycemic waffle cone.

We are extending our summer hours at our Bakeshop & Foodery  (4747
Nicollet Ave S in South Minneapolis (NE corner of 48th and Nicollet)
from 10 am until 8 pm Mon thru Sat and noon to 5pm Sun.   I'm working
on getting us open earlier (I'm not a morning person).

We also have our pie crusts available in the freezer.  We've added
parmesan buns to go with our burger buns, cinnamon-raisin English
Muffins, brat/hot dog buns, sandwich bread, and cinnamon-raisin
bread  in our bread baskets.

Check our website www.madwomanfoods.com for our monthly retail coupon
special.

Due to the summer weather and increased cost of overnight shipping
and dry ice, I've temporarily discontinued shipping our frozen
products at our online store.  I am having a real problem with my
environmental self telling me I should not be contributing to the non-
compostable refuse by using styrofoam coolers.  I will spend the
summer in search of something better.  (all our packaging at our new
retail location is compostable... even the sporks and knives)   In
the meantime, our frozen products are available at natural food
stores and coops in the Twin Cities area and in Madison, Milwaukee,
Chicago, and Stoneham (MA) and at our retail store (check our website
for retail locations that sell our products).  I apologize for this
inconvenience.

We are still shipping tea cakes and WheyLow.

EVENTS in JULY:

July 7:  Ice Cream tasting day
July 14: Guess the Flavor of our Dairy-Free "Ice Cream"
July 14:  2 pm to 3 pm I'll be on Dishing up Nutrition radio show on
FM107 (Minneapolis/St Paul area) discussing Gluten Sensitivity

Have a safe July 4th!

Bren
Madwoman Foods

"A Bakery without Flour... We Must be Nuts!"