From:
Eliyanah Delicate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 12:29:05 -0500

Here's the original question:

Does anybody have a pudding recipe that is gf, corn free, soy free and
dairy free? (I can deal with the dairy substitution myself - it is the
cornstarch that is preventing me from coming up with a substitution...)

The answers were:

Agar-agar 2
Kudzu starch 2
rice and coconut milk 1
arrowroot 7 (substitutes one to one with cornstarch)
tapioca starch 2
potato starch 1
sweet rice flour 1

"Look in the pie filling section of your cookbook, there will be many
that use flour for thickening, just substitute rice flour or tapioca
or potato starch."

So the overwhelming response seems to be for arrowroot.  I will have
to give that a try.  Thanks everyone for their replies!

Don Wiss offered this URL for arrowroot:

http://www.panix.com/~donwiss/recipes/arrowroot.txt

Take care, and thanks,
        Eliyanah Delicate
        Ottawa, Canada