From:
Beth Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beth Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2010 08:02:56 -0500

Here are the responses I got about the problems with sodium lauryl
sulfate in toothpaste and shampoo.   Thanks to all who responded.
This list is very helpful.
===============================

1.  Call this company for info on GF products:  GlaxoSmithKline.
http://us.sensodyne.com.

2. For GF and Fragrance free products someone suggests
	NutriBiotic Super Shower Gel:
	Desert Essence Organics Fragrance Free Conditioner:
	Method "Bare Naked" Hand Gel, which is fragrance free and Kiss 		My
Face product, but both of these have 	sodium lauryl sulfate.

3. One reader suggests looking for SLS free shampoos online and there
	are many listed.  (There are also several toothpastes listed.)

4. A lot of the conventional shampoos for color-treated hair are "SLS-
free" 	as are most of the kinds sold in heath food 	stores.

5. One person said her hair stylist told her not to use baby shampoo
as it contained a product to keep babies
	from getting cradle cap which was not good for adult hair..  (we
should investigate that.)

6   These shampoos were recommended by our readers to the person who
posted the original question.:
	Keys shampoos (on-line)
  	Johnson's Baby
   	Desert Essence (K-Mart, CVS or on-line)
  	Burt's Bees (Target)
   	Alaffia Shea & Honey -(Whole Foods)
   	Free and Clear white bottle with blue lettering (WalMart)

7.  A lot of these shampoos are pricey but L'Oreal makes two kinds
available at drug stores for a reasonable price....that are chloride
and sulfate free.