From:
Kimberly and Danny DiBartolomeo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 21:07:03 -0400

I've been on the GF diet for over a year now. I keep hearing stories of
others with CS but the disease goes into remission. I was praying that
this happened to me and that I could go back to my old way of eating.

I constantly felt sorry for myself and deprived that I couldn't eat what
everyone else could, so I started cheating a little here and there
(e.g., a piece of bread, chicken fingers with bread crumbs--nothing like
pizza or pasta though). I pay for it later but the symptoms aren't
nearly as bad as when I was first diagnosed. For some time now, I've
been sluggish, not motivated and mildly depressed. This goes off and on.
I'm wondering if these symptoms have anything to do with my going off
the diet occasionally. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this
or know if once your body stabilizes by sticking to a GF diet and you
cheat occasionally, that symptoms can reoccur?

I'm starting to take the diet more seriously now. I realize the severity
of the disease but in my own way was having trouble coping with it and
was hoping it would go away. I know that's wrong and am starting to face
up to it. I've been doing a lot of reading, have hooked up to this
newsgroup, and have been reading labels again.

Any ideas, words of wisdom or inspiration would be grately appreciated.

Kim DiBartolomeo
Havertown, PA