Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 20:38:46 -0400

Well, seems like there's a little bit of confusion when it comes to
fruit snacks.  Farley's was bought out by Nabisco, which is a subsidiary
of Kraft.  I phoned them today and they told me that they will not hide
gluten on any of their labels, so if something like "food starch" was on
their label, they would have it's source listed next to it i.e.
(barley).   That said, it looks like Nabisco Fruit Snacks are GF, and
many people wrote to me and told me they consume them with no problem.
One person told me they use Brachs, however, I phoned them today and
they told me that they are NOT gluten-free.  One person also wrote me
and said they were not gf.

One person told me Betty Crocker's were ok.  One person told me Walmart
Great Value Fruit Smiles are ok.  One person told me HyVee dinosaurs,
variety pack, and sharks were ok.