Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 1996 23:37:48 GMT

Hi
It is Ted again.I am sorry to even confuse anybody even more following the
glutamic acid hydrochloride subject.
When i talked about GDL in my first reply i was thinking about gloconic
acid. Sorry.
OK. Here the revised reply.
Glutamic acid hydrochloride is a salt substitute and flavouring agent. It
is w white crystalline powder with a solibility in water of one gram in
three ml of water. The salt of glutamic acid is usually referred to as MSG
or monosodium glutamate,which function as aflavor enhancer as well as a
nutrient and diatary supplement. and saltsubstitute. Some people have
allergic reaction to glutamic acids or their salts.

There you have it

As a mineral substitute you could try also natural sources like
kelp,dulse,vegetable broth or stock,as well as eating potatoes with the
skin on.
Ted Wolff