From:
Manny Strumpf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 07:33:12 EDT

When we last checked with Kellogg's in Battle Creek, MI, we were told that
Corn Pops contained no gluten.  It was not produced on a dedicated line but
the line is thoroughly cleaned after each run.   The Corn Pops in Canada
definitely is different and does contain wheat.  Unless Kellogg's has changed
its Amer      ican formula, it appears to be OK. I've had it for at least 5
years with no symptoms.

Also...I think my Proctor and Gamble message of Thursday may have been lost.
But we checked with P&G and customer service was unaware of any new policy of
not giving info to consumers.   The problem may arise from the fact that
unlike other large companies where one customer service dept. can answer
questions about  all  its products, each P&G product has its own separate 800
phone number listed on the package.  Only info not given out is proprietary
info on non-edibles such as soaps where special formulas may be involved.
Insofar as food products, the woman in customer service was willing to give
me any product 800 number I needed.

Manny in CT