From:
Bobbie Proctor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:41:30 -0500

Just last week, the back of my Uncle Ben's box of rice caught my eye.
Next to a triangle, along with other declarations like non-fat, it said
GLUTEN-FREE! I checked another box, which had contained larger size rice
packets, and it clearly stated, in addition to the triangle notice, in the
product description at the top of the box's back, that all Uncle Ben's
plain rices are gluten-free.

How wonderful for such a large company to recognize this issue in their
labelling! I contacted them through their website:

http://www.unclebens.com

and congratulated them. I suggested they add the gluten-free status of
their plain rices to their website, too.

Now if only their seasoned rices were gf! They know we're out there!

Good luck and good health!

Bobbi in Baltimore, MD