From:
Shirley Rivers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 12:50:20 +0000

Has anyone else been offended by the article by Jack Challem, "Gluten Free,
but Not Guilt Free" on page 20 in the May 2003 issue of "Let's Live" sent out
by GNC?  In the article he states that he went to a celiac conference.  The
particular paragraph I am addressing is, "There are a lot of gluten-free
treats on the market now.  During the first break at the celiac meeting,
hundreds of attendees had a chance to snack on gluten-free cookies, muffins,
cakes and other refined baked goods.  They swarmed around the tables to sample
the snacks, but although they were avoiding the gluten, they were still
recognized the oportunity to learn from their misfortune by adopting a truly
healthy diet."  The photo at the top of the article shows a woman greedily
lunging for an iced doughnut.

If you haven't seen this article, please try to get a copy (available for free
at GNC).  Comments to him can be addressed to [log in to unmask] and letters to
the editor of the magazine at [log in to unmask]  I plan to register my
comments to both of them, and hope others will join me in doing so as well.

Shirley