From:
Linda Ostrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 19:18:53 EDT

Hi friends -

I am going to have LASIKS surgery this Thursday to correct myopia.  I hadn't
given my CD a thought until recently.  Has anyone with CD also had LASIKS
surgery and if so, was the surgery successful?  I know this sounds like a
question to the extreme, but since I've been diagnosed with CD and have been
gluten-free, several strange medical situations have occurred.  Now I have
high blood pressure - it's not in my family and my BP has always been low.  I
have never, ever had urinary tract infections (UTI) but now I have about two
a year.  My cholesterol was always in the 160s, now it's zoomed to 236!!

So....with all of these medical oddities, I want to make sure that CD will
not affect my eyes or the surgery in anyway.  Thanks for your help in this
matter.

Regards and stay healthy,

Linda in Savannah, GA - USA