Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:19:46 EDT

Dear List,

You are all so great! I got at least 20 responses about my problem with
ginger. It seems as though I'm not the only one who might be sensitive to it.

A couple of you are sensitive to it too. Some other's said it may have been
because I drank and ate so much all at once. The diet soda had natural ginger
flavoring.

Some said that because I was so stressed that I may have had a pronounced
reaction to it, and maybe if it had been under "normal" circumstances, maybe I'd
have been okay with it.

Another list member said that maybe my reaction was due to the caramel
coloring in the soda -- it did have caramel coloring -- something I hadn't even
checked for.. I'd never drank a ginger ale soda before. I'd never eaten that many
of those gf ginger cookies in the same day before, in fact, when I thought
about it, I'd only gotten those one other time, and then I shared them with my
son, and they lasted for several days...

So maybe it was a combination of everything,  a "totality of circumstances,"
whatever it was, I won't do it again!

Most agreed that Ginger is a good thing. A lot of you take it regularly.

I thank you so much for your responses. It is so good to know that we aren't
alone with this.

:), Jerri