Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:46:27 -0600

Well, if I had consulted the archives, likely I would have found the information. However, I had a couple of messages from others who were looking, too, so great thanks to all who replied! And thanks to new legislation, the confusion should be clearing. -- CurtissAnn in OK

4 for Hormel spiral cut-- I also checked and found that the Cure 81 ham by Hormel, bone-in and boned and spiral is gluten-free. People mentioned buying them at Walmart and Albertsons.

4 for Cooks brand.

The USDA regs are at http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Help/FAQs_Flavorings/index.asp#1

>>Hilshire Farms Honey Glazed hams are GF.  Most of Hilshire Farms products
are gluten free as well, except for the obvious like the beer basted brats.

>>For Thanksgiving, we had a wonderful Smithfield ham from WalMart - just plain, no glazes or fancy stuff.  It's not pre-cooked, so it has to be baked.  Use a meat thermometer and it will come out perfect!
(As always, please check with the company. I had contradictory about Smithfield from another list.)