From:
Karen Broussard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Broussard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2013 11:35:45 -0400

Hi,

I just wanted to update everyone on some fun things going on in the gluten free world:

1.) We have a CLOSEOUT SALE on our cute gluten free themed shorts, sweatpants, and T-shirts. The quality is great, and the prices are amazing. Plus, 5% of sales go to National Foundation for Celiac Awareness to use toward their programs. Order now for yourself or a GF friend, while we still have some left!

http://www.printmojo.com/GlutenFreeTravelSite/

2.) We have a GIVEAWAY in conjunction with KIND gluten free snack bars. They will send 24 of their new snack bars (12 each of the 2 new flavors) to the NEXT TEN Gluten Free College Students who post a review of their college's dining services (from a GF perspective) on GlutenFreeTravelSite. So please help us spread the word about this important initiative to get as many colleges in the U.S. reviewed on our site. Reviewers simply go to Submit Review as if they were submitting a review of a restaurant, but they select College/University on the review form when prompted for type of venue. To learn more about the contest, see my Blog post:

http://bit.ly/19nuboy

3.) Jovial Foods will award someone a FREE TRIP FOR TWO TO TUSCANY, ITALY for a week-long Gluten Free Culinary Getaway, complete with three cooking demos by "Gluten Free Girl" Shauna James Ahern and her husband Daniel (a.k.a. "The Chef") Ahern. You can read more about the trip itself, how to book a reservation, and how to enter the contest on our GF Getaways page:

http://glutenfreetravelsite.com/glutenfreegetaways.php

4.) If you'd like to learn more about our family's GF journey (beginning when our 2 year old son was diagnosed with Celiac over 8 years ago) and learn about my TIPS FOR DINING OUT GF, TRAVELING GF, and the many resources my website ( http://glutenfreetravelsite.com ) offers (dining reviews, travel resources, college reviews, GF camps, cruise line GF policies and reviews), you may want to listen to my recent Blog Talk Radio interview:

http://bit.ly/14iTHIm

5.) Simply Gluten Free magazine's May/June "Summer Fun" issue is up on their website. In that issue I wrote an article titled, "Planes, Trains, or Automobiles: How to Successfully Manage a Gluten Free Diet on the Road." ( http://bit.ly/19oXLxx ). You can even see the issue page by page here ( http://simplyglutenfreemag.com/may-june-2013-the-summer-fun-issue/ ). And the July/August issue has just hit newsstands. If you haven't yet seen this magazine -- launched late last year -- you'll want to get your hands on a copy. It's FULL of great articles, advice, and GF recipes. I'm thrilled to be a part of it as an Associate Editor.

6.) And finally, don't forget to visit our site ( http://glutenfreetravelsite.com ) and download our DINE GLUTEN FREE app for iPhones and Android phones ( http://glutenfreetravelsite.com/mobileresources.php ) so you can find the most GF-friendly places to dine during your summer travels!

Be well, and thanks, as always, for your support!

Karen Broussard
Founder and President, GlutenFreeTravelSite
Northern Virginia