From:
EmmaJane Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EmmaJane Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 04:13:51 -0500

I have not yet seen a post regarding the new cookbook by George Stella of Food Network's Low Carb and Loving' It.  Even if you do not follow a low or reduced carb lifestyle, all of the recipes except one are gluten free.  The only recipe not gluten free is the pumpkin pound cake which is easily made GF by substituting the two teaspoons of wheat bran with any other GF flour you would use to "flour" the baking pan.  "Eating Stella Style" is, IMHO, well worth the purchase price and is perhaps the best gluten free cookbook I have ever found and I have quite a collection which I no longer use since going to a low carb lifestyle.  His lemon meringue pie is awesome as is the pound cake.  His website www.stellastyle.com lists recipes but for most of them you have to subscribe and, of course, you can get some recipes from the Food Network's website.  I purchased my copy at Amazon.  And if you have not checked out http://lowcarbdiets.about.com you are missing terrific free GF recipes.  The focaccia bread is excellent as are the Miracle Brownies all made with flax seed meal which is soooooooo healthy for you.

I have no financial interest in any of the above websites or products.  I simply want to pass on information that some may find of value to them.

EmmaJane Adams
Danville, PA

*******
*******