From:
Kathy Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 20:24:22 -0700

I saw a recipe posted the other day for a frozen chocolate mousse, but
it had eggs in it.  So, I combined that with a few other ideas and came
up with this.  Except for the gelatin, everything I used was Kosher-
Parve-for Passover so it's gluten free, dairy free, corn free, and soy
free.  This makes 24 individual servings, but they stay frozen so you
take out as many as you need at a time.  Sounds like the perfect last
minute dessert (or snack :-) to me!  It would be great dressed up with
some raspberry sauce and an almond lace cookie.  My 2 yo loved it (I
used decaf coffee :-)

Kathy

(Alyssa 3/15/97 - dairy, egg, corn, unidentified EA's; outgrew cocoa and
hopefully grape
Thomas 5/30/99 - dairy, egg, corn, grape, wheat/gluten, soy, citrus
(mostly orange), tomato?, walnut?) and now EA's and possibly asthma; also
outgrew cocoa

Frozen Mocha Mousse

1/3 c sugar
1 c water, divided use
1 pkg unflavored gelatin
1 tsp instant coffee (I used a Folger's Coffee bag)
7 oz semisweet chocolate (bar or chips)
1 T margarine
16 oz non-dairy ready to whip topping (I used Kineret K-Passover)

In small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 c of the water.  Bring remaining
water to boil and add coffee (or brew).  Combine with sugar and stir to
dissolve.  Transfer to top of double boiler set over boiling water.  Add
margarine and chocolate slowly, stirring after each addition until
melted.  Add softened gelatin and stir until all is dissolved.  Remove to
a bowl and refrigerate until it is cooled and semi-set.  This will take
up to an hour for it to be chilled.  When ganache is ready, whip topping
according to package directions.  Add small amount to chocolate mixture
and whisk together to light it.  Fold chocolate mixture into remaining
whipped topping until uniform in color.  Spoon into 24 muffin tins which
have been lined with papers.  Freeze until solid.  Remove from tins and
place in airtight container.

Copyright 2001, Kathy Przywara, all rights reserved