From:
Anne Washburn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Washburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:05:40 -0400

Dear all: I just had an idea that, perhaps, those of you involved
with "big" association meetings and dinners might think about. The
U.S.-based Food Network has a show, "Dinner: Impossible," where Chef
Robert Irvine has a task to perform with very tight specifications. I
am watching, for instance, the episode where he is cooking for 300
students and 800 adults at a national spelling bee. When he talked
with the chef at the hotel at which it was being held, the chef
mentioned there were 55 vegetarians and he SAID the word "gluten
free." I don't know how many GF diners there were, much of the meal
was NOT gluten free.

It occurred to me that a fantastic challenge (I'm sure they are
always looking for program ideas!) and great exposure for the celiac
community would be to challenge the chef to cook for a huge audience
a GF meal. I'm sure someone could come up with very specific
requirements that would demonstrate both the challenges and the
opportunities for gluten free haute cuisine.

Just a thought!
Anne Burton Washburn