From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:14:16 -0700

Something especially strange & unexpected happened to me this spring.  Since
spring began I've been having more seasonal allergy symptoms than usual for
me:  itchy eyes, sore throat, hoarse voice, constant runny nose & post nasal
drip.  I've also had for the first time in my life chronic knee pain which I
figured was my due since my mother had it & I know it's heritary.  So I've
been taking ibuporphen every day to keep the pain under control for about
six weeks.  Day before yesterday, the knee pain was especially bad and so
were my allergy symptoms.  But I didn't make any connection as yet.  My
allergy symptoms became so acute after dinner as to completely plug my nose,
make my throat & eyes swell & itch considerably.  So for the first time,
this spring, I took an Actifed to supress the allergy symptoms.  Of course
it knocked me out.  The next morning I awakened with NO allergy symptoms
and, for the first time in a weeks & weeks, NO KNEE PAIN.  What?  Allergies
& knee pain?  What's the connection?  So I did a Google search & came up
with all sorts of stuff about allergies & arthritis even a book entitled
something like "I Cured my Arthritis, So Can You" which claims to outliine a
protocol for curing allergy related arthritis.  Who knew????  Not me.

Other than the gluten free diet, do any of you have experience with treating
arthritis by avoiding certainn allergens, foods etc.?  (I probably won't be
able able to summarize because I'm having major PC problems, so if you have
something you feel the whole group should here, I'd advise you to post it
directly.)

Valerie in Tacoma