From:
Fran Gillespie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:17:55 -0800

I have a co-worker who is gluten intolerant, actually probably has
Celiac Sprue- but could not make herself ingest gluten long enough to be
biopsied. She believes she may have now developed an intolerance to corn
& rice. She has developed a symmetrical skin rash along the armpits,
tummy & legs. Looks like DH to me. She will be going to see the
*happening* gastroenterologist in town, who has a clue about Celaic
Sprue.

My questions are as follows:

* Do gastroenterologists normally prescribe Dapsone for Celaic patients?
* Is Dapsone GF across the board, or are there some brands that contain
    gluten? Any background info about dosing or anything would be
    appreciated.
* What other relief might there be for DH?
* I've asked before.... but I'll ask again- is there an archive on this
    list that documents all hidden glutens?
* Does anyone know of a dermatoligist in the Eugene/Western Oregon area
    that either specializes in or is familiar with DH?
* Has anyone else with a DH flare up found something like canola or guar
    gum or some other ingredient to be the culprit?

Thanks~ Fran~ Oregon US