From:
Mark Rowland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:33:08 -0500

My 16 year old son is having a very difficult time.  We have not been
able to get a diagnosis, but I insisted that they consider celiac
disease.  Blood work was drawn last Fri. and we are waiting for results.
I started him on a strict celiac diet including no dairy products as of
three days ago.  He seems to be no better and worse at times.  The pain
seems to begin at night and lasts through part of the day and then he
begins to feel better.  Is it typical to get worse before improvement is
seen on the diet?  We are desperate to find a way to help him.  Thank
you for any help you might give us.

Jana Rowland 7/22/97