From:
Fran Gillespie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 22:33:00 -0800

Oh I have just about come to *dread* the holidays food wise!
Our company is having an employee dinner party and has ordered a
(cringe) pasta/ salad bar being served at a steak house. There are a
number of ways I can deal with this....

* Say nothing, just go & try to graze the salad
* Order something else & pay for it myself-- still have fun just say I'm
allergic to what is being served.
* Talk to the boss lady (well I did-- she says she'll think about it.
Quandry over if the company say... buys me a steak dinner- others will
view it as unfair--- but sees that it is unfair that I should have to
foot the bill because there was not a menu option I could eat.)
She actually wound up asking questions like-- well what could you
eat....
I explained no white vinegar in anything....
Plain baked potato would be OK. "Could you have butter on it?" she
asked.....
Plain salad would be ok.

So I put it out there....for the manager to hash over. It will be
interesting to see what becomes of it.
Another Celiac workmate had decided she would just not attend because
she would feel uncomfortable.

I don't want to make a big deal out of it...... yet I'm not letting it
run my life either.
I guess I gave it to the powers that be come up with a solution.
Whatever they come up with... I'm going to go & have a good time.

Happily my husband's workplace  company dinner is going to be at a fine
restaurant & lobster is gluten free.... YES!

Your thoughts?

Fran

--

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"A circle of friends ~  you know how a circle never ends...."