Date:
Sun, 4 May 2003 08:27:18 -0500

I asked for recipes for ice cream cones and got several.  However, I had several disasters (might have been something I didn't do right) but tried the one below twice and it is so easy, is a crisp, good tasting cone and I would recommend it.  It was a hit with the support group.  Since I am going out of town and short on time, I will just give this one for now.  If you want more, let me know and I will send them when I return.  However, this one is good and no failures with it.

WAFFLE CONE RECIPE

2 eggs
1/4 cup oleo
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup gluten free flour mix (I used Betty Hagman's GF Mix - see below *)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 tsp xanthan gum

I used about1/8 cup to put onto the hot pizzelle iron (more or less depending on size of iron and desired cone size). You must form the cones quickly after cooking to get the edges to seal together. I used clothes pins to seal the side edge and the bottom. Don't leave on very long or that area stays moist/soft. It will crisp very quickly so you can remove them within a minute or two. You can probably use a waffle iron or just a skillet-haven't tried that.*Bette's GF Mix (2 parts white rice flour; 2/3 part potato starch; 1/3 part tapioca flour)

Sharon in Kansas