From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:58:37 -0500

A list mate recently posted a message stating "Great melting dairy free,
casein free cheese by Tofutti.
Try it on your pizza or a grilled cheese sandwich!"

I went to the Tofutti website to see what cheeses they have that might
fit the above description.  There seem to be two cheeses that might be
used for pizza.  They are:
  -- TOFUTTI SOY-CHEESE SLICES are sold in most health food stores and
select supermarkets and come in three flavors: Mozzarella, American, and
Roasted Garlic.
  -- TOFUTTI totally dairy free BETTER THAN MOZZARELLA CHEESE

My Question:  If you've used Tofutti cheeses for pizza, what has been
your opinion?  I can't imagine a soy cheese will taste as good as real
mozzarella; I'm too fussy about the taste of food to eat a pizza that
doesn't taste as good as it used to when I ate both gluten and dairy.
I'll summarize.

And I have a comment about another Tofutti product:  Marry Me Bars.
These are both gluten and dairy free.  I am a total Marry Me Bar addict
- they taste *almost* as good as real ice cream.  They a vanilla ice
cream bar with a thin dark chocolate covering.  My local Shoprite
carries them, but none of my local health food stores do.  I'm not sure
why because they are wonderful!

Dawn @ the Jersey Shore