From:
Steve Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:17:27 -0400

A friend just sent me this: https://www.23andme.com/researchrevolution/.  It
seems to be a grassroots genetic study program - you pay $99 or $399, say if
you have CD (or another condition, you take a survey), send in a DNA sample
and get added to the study.  Depending on how much you pay, you get various
information back, such as risk of inherited conditions, ancestral path,
access to research updates, etc.
I think it looks like a pretty neat program - their research focus is
entirely dictated by the participants/donors (and Celiac is currently number
5 of the top 10).

Does anyone know about this company, 23 and Me? https://www.23andme.com/

I will probably join and will send out an update with my thoughts on the
information they send back.  I participated in the National Geographic
Genographic program about 2 years ago (
https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/index.html).  They do
a similar thing, but it is limited to ancestry and does not address any
medical research that I am aware of.

Thanks,
Steve
www.iHateWheat.com