From:
Nancy Garniez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 1998 18:57:59 -0400

Dear List:
Just returned from my first stay in a conference center at U Georgia in
Athens. Everyone was thoughtful, though basically uninformed about the
needs of a person who must eat gf. Fresh fruits and  veggies galore, but
very low protein content!  Also, no unflavored yogurt in the coffee shop!
No unflavored potato or corn chips!
But the worst was coffee hour: I unwittingly drank coffee with what I
thought was half and half, only to discover, after getting sick, that it
was  Polyrich, or some such, containing artificial flavors. BEWARE!
At first sign of gas I took a tsp Metamucil (which I now carry around)
and the worst gastric symptoms were immediately avoided.
Delta Airlines was terrific: Gluten Free lunch, so labelled, and totally
GF.
Thanks Delta.
Nancy in nyc