From:
Wendy McGuire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 18:10:44 -0500

My father has celiac and has a a very low red blood cell count.  Is there
any research I can find on why and what to do and if this is caused by
having Celiac. At one time he was told his low blood count was due to Celiac
but then the doctors changed their minds.  He has been to several doctors
and no-one seems to have an answer as to what is wrong with him.  He has had
several bone marrow test and they all come back fine.  He was taking Procrit
for awhile and this was keep his blood count up but now that is not working
and he is back to having transfussions and yesterday 3/11/01 had to have a
dose of Desferal due to iron build up.  Where can we go for answers?