From:
pat Heidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 May 1998 16:15:51 EDT

I have just had a biopsy that turned out negative.  I'm wondering if I
had it too soon.  I spent several months experimenting with eliminating
gluten and reintroducing it on occasion, trying to determine it my
problem was just wheat or all gluten.  It appeared to be all gluten.  In
preparation for the endoscopy I ate something with gluten every day for
four weeks, but nowhere near the quantity that I had eaten previously.

My symptoms have never been severe, but during the four weeks the longer
I ate gluten, the less it bothered me, as if my body was building up a
tolerance for it.  (The rash on the back of my head and neck did not
abate and is only now - when I'm  gluten free - going away.)

I'm not sure what to do now.  Do I go back to eating lots of gluten as I
did before and have another blood test?  Or do I just stay gluten free
and forget about a diagnosis?

Also, I have noticed that most people have a panel of blood tests.  My
doctor ordered
only the IGg.  Is that sufficient?

Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat