From:
Jane/Joachim Raese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:52:37 -0800

Hello to all. Last week I called Merle Norman Cosmetics at 1-800-421-2060. I
spoke with a lady named "Margie" in the Research and Development Dept. I
asked specifically about their Luxiva lipstick which I had been using. She
did a "search" of wheat,oat,barley,and rye ingredients in their products. I
did discuss the need to avoid gluten due to Celiac Disease. Here are the
results of what she found:

AVOID:  Remarkable Finish Powder---Contains Oat Flour
        Crease Resistant Shadow Base---Contains Oat Flour
        Luxiva Ultra Lipcolor---Contains Wheat glycerides
        Lip Soother Plus (like chap stick)---Contains Wheat glycerides

Merle Norman has another line of  Lipstick I think it's called sheer that is
gluten-free,but stay away from the Luxiva lipstick. I do use their make-up
and have had no problems,but I do not have DH. I recommend you personally
call about a specific product and drill them about the derivatives of each
ingredient. I have no affiliation with this company,but I am just a long
time user of Merle Norman make-up. I guess all my lipsticks have to be
tossed now. Also a thank you to Carol Lydick's post about the Estee Lauder
names for gluten in cosmetics. What a great help when going to buy
cosmetics.

Sincerely,
Jane Raese