From:
"Rebecca ." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rebecca .
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:30:01 -0800

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed as Celiac by a Naturopathic doctor who specializes in
allergies and has CD himself. I tested positive on Gliadin IgG, negative on
Gliadin IgA, and negative on transglutaminase. I was wondering if any of
you have had a blood test that was just positive for Gliadin IgG and know
you have the disease and what your experience has been. He said that my
transglutaminase was negative because I didn't have enough or any tissue
damage yet. Makes sense since I didn't have the typical symptoms. I have
the fatigue and mild depression and was just beginning to get some stomach
aches. After going on the diet about 3 months ago, the stomach aches went
away, but am still fatigued, yet a little less depressed.  I've read at
celiac.com, that these results could mean I have something other than CD.
But my mom has CD, proven by biopsy. Also, I have lots of other IgG
reactions to other foods, which is supposed to occur with leaky gut which
can be caused by CD. In my mind, the next step is
 to get the genetic test. I'm even more concerned, because my 2 1/2 year
old had the blood test also, and she came up with the same results with
many of the same IgG reactions to foods. I don't want to keep her off
gluten, if she doesn't need to be. She had diahrea about once a week for 2
months before diagnosis and then for almost 2 weeks at the beginning of the
new diet, but hasn't for the last month. Thank you to anyone who can give
me some more insight into this or if you have had a similar experience.

Rebecca