Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 05:07:08 -0800

A few weeks ago, I posted a querry asking if acidophilus could make lactose intolerance symptoms worse because I had experienced a sudden increase in that area.

  Well, the answer to the main question is that acidophilus will not make lactose intolerance worse, and if anything, will improve symptoms. I was given some possible explanations to the sudden increase in symptoms:

  1. I could have ingested gluten unknowingly which could make the syptoms worse.

  2. Gall bladder problems have similar symtoms. These are caused by high fat foods. (Considering my diet, I don't think this is the cause for me, but I thought it important to include for the benefit of others.)

  There were also many saying that my lactose intolerance could have gotten worse or that I had developed a casein allergy. Although, I have my doubts that these would cause such sudden changes. I'm still trying to track down some leads, but wanted to get this post out before I procrastinated too long.

  On a side note, there seemed to be some confusion as to if I had already been suffering from lactose intolerance. I have known about (and been taking Lactaid for) my lactose intolerance for six years (two years before I discovered the celiac), and know quite a bit about it. For those who sent emails suggesting that I might have lactose intolerance and sent information on the subject, I know it came from a good place, and I appreciate the kindness.

  Angela Taylor