From:
Justine Timko <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:20:26 -0400

Hello,

Any day now, my son will be receiving word about which colleges he's been accepted to. While we certainly asked some basic, preliminary questions on our tours about how well each school handled food allergies and special diets, I am wondering now what my first concrete steps should be in order to start putting a plan in place at the school he ultimately decides to attend so that his GF needs are met.

Specifically, I am hoping that those who have been through this process with their son/daughter might be able to share with me any of the following:

	*tips about how best to approach the school
	*things you wish you'd known ahead of time, before embarking on this process
	*questions you wish you'd asked
	*likely pitfalls I should be aware of
	*any other general advice that has helped your teen succeed with the GF diet while away at school

I'd be most grateful for your help and will gladly summarize.

Many thanks!

Justine
NYC